St John's Sunday Service - 26th September 2021
Please join us on Sunday 26th September at 10am in St John's. Everyone comes to church at 10am for the first ten minutes of the service, then children and their leaders will leave for their own groups in the Church Centre.
Congregational singing is back (behind a mask, which is still compulsory, please). We've removed social distancing but introduced temperature testing which is mandatory.
If you have symptoms of COVID, please do not come to church but take part on YouTube instead. For full information, please check our COVID-19 page.
The service will also be available online via our livestream on YouTube. The livestream will start around 9.55am. To watch, please click this link to go straight to the service. You can also go to our YouTube channel and set a reminder. Please use YouTube chat to say hello or ask questions.
Our new sermon series
Last week we started a new sermon series in 2 Corinthians entitled 'God's Power in our Weakness'. Jon recommended a couple of books which we may find helpful to read alongside the series. These were '2 Corinthians for You' by Gary Millar and 'Weakness is the Way: Life with Christ our Strength' by J I Packer. Jon also showed a short J I Packer video, which is available to watch again on YouTube.
Do keep bringing your Bibles with you to church!
Prayer Fellowship and Housegroups
This week housegroups met to start reading and discussing the book 'Love Your Church'.
The timetable for evening housegroups and prayer fellowship for the rest of this term is as follows (daytime housegroup meets on Thursday mornings, the same week as evening groups):
- 29 Sept - Prayer Fellowship
- 6 Oct - Housegroups - 'Love Your Church' Chapter 2: Welcome
- 13 Oct - Prayer Fellowship
- 20 Oct - Housegroups - 'Love Your Church' Chapter 3: Gather
- 27 Oct - Prayer Fellowship
- 3 Nov - Housegroups - 'Love Your Church' Chapter 4: Care
- 10 Nov - Prayer Fellowship
- 17 Nov - Housegroups - 'Love Your Church' Chapter 5: Serve
- 24 Nov - Prayer Fellowship
- 1 Dec - Housegroups - 'Love Your Church' Chapter 6: Honour
- 8 Dec - Prayer Fellowship
- 15 Dec - Housegroup Socials
- 22 Dec - Prayer Fellowship
- 29 Dec - Prayer Fellowship
If you would like to join a housegroup, or to find out more, please contact the Church Office.