St John's Church Centre Rooms
There are a variety of room sizes and configurations available.
- Jack Wardle Hall: a large hall with wooden flooring, it can seat approximately 180 people in a number of configurations. Equipped with a versatile sound system and dual projectors. Access to main kitchen and serving hatch.
- Cranmer Room: this room can seat around 60 people, with a serving hatch to the main kitchen.
- Whitefield Room: a slightly smaller room with its own small self-contained kitchen for preparing drinks.
- Appleby and Alexander Rooms: flexible classroom-style facilities.
- Henry Room: similar size to the Appleby and Alexander rooms, but with a small wet-area for crafts etc.
Please note: the maximum capacity of the Church Centre, for safety and planning reasons, is less than the total capacity of the rooms listed above.
St John's Church Rooms
- Church Extension: A self-contained area with adjoining kitchen and servery, with flexible seating for up to 100 people. It has its own external access and is also linked to the main church.
- Main Church: A traditional Victorian church with flexible seating, not pews. We can re-configure the seating to meet your requirements. More than 300 people can be seated though not all seats will have full visibility. The church is equipped with full sound and video systems.
- Eddowes Room: Small meeting room for around 10 people. A sound and video feed from the main church building is available in here.
The main Church Centre kitchen is a well equipped facility, with commercial-quality equipment, capable of producing meals for over a hundred people. The Whitefield Room has a small kitchen for drinks preparation.
St John's Church building has a kitchen and serving facilities in the Church Extension.
We also arrange catering for meetings and conferences - please enquire for details.
All rooms in the Church Centre have easy-to-use projectors and sound systems. The large Jack Wardle Hall also has a full PA system and hearing aid loop. The video and sound from the Jack Wardle Hall can be networked to other Church Centre rooms, useful for example for overflow seating or creche facilities.
Wireless internet access is available throughout the Church Centre, main church building and the church extension. Wired access is available in all Church Centre rooms if required.
St John's Church has a complete audio and video system, including a retractable main screen and hearing aid loops in both the main church and the Church Extension.
We are happy to list your meeting and contact details on our Church Centre Events calendar and highlight one-off special events. We cannot handle bookings and ticketing for your event.
St John's Church Centre has full disabled access, including disabled parking and disabled toilets. If you have any special needs, please contact us. The main church also has a disabled toilet and level access through the Church Extension or via a ramp into the main church.
Terms and Conditions
You can download our terms and conditions from the Bookings page.