This page is no longer being updated but is left here for interest
Building work to replace the old church hall started on Monday 9th November 2009, with a ceremony led by Donald Allister, Archdeacon of Chester.
The project is running under the title, “Building for the Future”.
We mean “future” in two senses: we want to build for the current and coming generations – the immediate future.
Above all, we want our buildings to encourage the preaching of the good news of Jesus Christ to all ages in Hartford – because he alone opens an eternal future with God to those who trust him.
The scope of the project is two-fold:
- we aim to rebuild our church hall;
- we plan to conduct some refurbishments in St John’s.
The new church hall, now called St John's Church Centre, was completed in September 2010. More information on the planned refurbishments in the main church building will be made available in due course.
- Photographs of the old church hall before demolition taken in October 2009 (PDF format)
- Architects impressions and plans for the new hall (PDF)
- Detailed high resolution room layouts for the ground floor and first floor (will open in new window)