This page is no longer being updated but is left here for interest
Building work to replace the old church hall started on Monday 9th November 2009, with a ceremony led by Donald Allister, Archdeacon of Chester.
The project is running under the title, “Building for the Future”.
We mean “future” in two senses: we want to build for the current and coming generations – the immediate future.
Above all, we want our buildings to encourage the preaching of the good news of Jesus Christ to all ages in Hartford – because he alone opens an eternal future with God to those who trust him.
The scope of the project is two-fold:
- we aim to rebuild our church hall;
- we plan to conduct some refurbishments in St John’s.
The new church hall, now called St John's Church Centre, was completed in September 2010. More information on the planned refurbishments in the main church building will be made available in due course.
At the PCC meeting that approved the project start, on October 19th 2009, two documents were presented and discussed. They are available here in PDF format:
Other information available to download
Archive of newsletters, updates and other information
- April 2010: Letter from Glenn Cameron, Globe Services Project Manager
- March 2010: Church Hall Newsletter for Easter 2010
- March 2010: Arts Coordinator Update. Dee Rollinson is a member of St John's and has recently taken on a new role as Arts Coordinator for the church.
- May 2009: letter from Mike Smith to the whole electoral roll, Project Newsletter for May 2009, and Project response form
- November 2008: Church Hall Newsletter, Autumn 2008 (4-page booklet, download the outside two pages and inside two pages separately)
- July 2008: Church Hall Newsletter, Summer 2008
- February 2008: Letter from Mike Smith to the Electoral Roll