Activities this Sunday - 20th August 2017
8am Holy Communion
- Leader: George Agar. Preacher: George Agar.
9.30am Prayer Meeting
- Prayer meeting in the Eddowes Room
10am All Age Service - Exodus 5:1-21; Bricks without straw
- Leader: Alec Ham. Preacher: Nathan Phillingham.
6.30pm Evening Prayer - Philemon; An appeal for Onesimus
- Leader: Phil Highton. Preacher: Michael Boreham.
- TFG meet at Will & Fiona Hughes' home
Preachers elsewhere today
- Michael Walters at St John’s, Toft (10.15am)
- Michael Field at Shurlach Methodist, Rudheath (10.45am)
- Jeremy Hunns at St Michael’s, Marbury (11am)
Church Diary - 13th August 2017
Monday 14th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 4, Romans 4, Jeremiah 42, Psalm 18
Nathan away until 20th August
Mike and Teresa away until 29th August
|9.30am-5pm||Church Office open in the Church Centre (Monday to Thursday)|
|10am-12pm||Make, Taste & See in St John's|
Tuesday 15th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 5-6, Romans 5, Jeremiah 43, Psalm 19
Jacqueline away today
Wednesday 16th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 7-8, Romans 6, Jeremiah 44, Psalms 20-21
|10am||Tots' Summer Get Together at Marbury Country Park play area|
|8pm||Prayer Fellowship meets in the Church Centre|
Thursday 17th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 9, Romans 7, Jeremiah 46, Psalm 22
|7.30pm||Ladies' Meal at The Golden Pheasant, Plumley|
Friday 18th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 10, Romans 8, Jeremiah 47, Psalms 23-24
|10.30am-3pm||Church Office open in the Church Centre|
Saturday 19th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 11, Romans 9, Jeremiah 48, Psalm 25
Sunday 20th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 12, Romans 10, Jeremiah 49, Psalms 26-27
|8am||Holy Communion in St John's|
|10am||All Age Service in St John’s (Exodus 5:1-21)|
|6.30pm||Evening Prayer in St John’s (Philemon)|
|8pm||TFG meet at Will & Fiona Hughes' home|
For more details about the daily Bible reading plan, including online readings, please visit our website.
Prayer Diary - 20th August 2017
The Collect for today - Tenth Sunday after Trinity:
Let your merciful ears, Lord God, be open to the prayers of your people and, so that we may obtain our petitions, teach us to ask for those things that please you, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Please pray for...
the sick and the bereaved:
our mission partners: The Gideons and Peter & Julie Fraser (Bible Encounter Trust).
those serving in the Armed Forces:
our local schools:
- The Grange Junior and Senior Schools and other schools which members of the church are involved in.
- Hartford Church of England High School: for Christian governors to wisely fulfil their duties.