Activities this Sunday - 25th August 2019
8am Holy Communion
- Leader: Michael Walters. Preacher: Michael Walters.
9.30am Prayer Meeting
- Prayer meeting in the Eddowes Room
10am Morning Prayer - John 17:1-5; "Glorify your son"
- Leader: Alec Ham. Preacher: Michael Walters.
6.30pm Evening Prayer - Micah 3-5
- Leader: Ian Barton. Preacher: Dimitri Alldridge.
- After 8s meet at Rob & Kathryn Payne's home.
Church Diary - 18th August 2019
Monday 19th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 11, Romans 9, Jeremiah 48, Psalm 25
Mike on sabbatical until 17th November
Alec on adoption leave Monday 12th - Saturday 24th August
|9.30am-5pm||Church Office open in the Church Centre (Monday-Thursday)|
|10am||Make, Taste & See in St John's|
Tuesday 20th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 12, Romans 10, Jeremiah 49, Psalms 26-27
Wednesday 21st August
Readings: 1 Samuel 13, Romans 11, Jeremiah 50, Psalms 28-29
Thursday 22nd August
Readings: 1 Samuel 14, Romans 12, Jeremiah 51, Psalm 30
|10am||Men's Walk - contact David King for meeting point|
Friday 23rd August
Readings: 1 Samuel 15, Romans 13, Jeremiah 52, Psalm 31
Church Office closed today
Saturday 24th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 16, Romans 14, Lamentations 1, Psalm 32
Sunday 25th August
Readings: 1 Samuel 17, Romans 15, Lamentations 2, Psalm 33
|8am||Holy Communion in St John's|
|9.30am||Time to Pray in the Eddowes Room|
|10am||Morning Prayer in St John's (John 17:1-5)|
|6.30pm||Evening Prayer in St John's (Micah 3-5)|
|8.15pm||After 8s meet at Rob & Kathryn Payne's home|
For more details about the daily Bible reading plan, including online readings, please visit our website.
Prayer Diary - 25th August 2019
The Collect for today - Tenth Sunday after Trinity:
Let your merciful ears, Lord God, be open to the prayers of your people and, so that we may obtain our petitions, teach us to ask for those things that please you, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Please pray for...
the sick and the bereaved:
our mission partners: Jemma Graves (OM) and Joseph Mayan (Barnabas Ministries in Uganda).
those marrying next month:
our local schools:
- Hartford Manor Primary School & Warrington & Vale Royal College, and other schools which members of the church are involved in.
- Hartford Church of England High School.
- For Christian assemblies to be bold proclamations of the gospel; give thanks that we have opportunities to do this in many local schools.