Church Diary - 28th May to 4th June 2023
Sunday 28th May
Readings: Deuteronomy 1, Psalms 81-82, Isaiah 29, 3 John
|8am||Morning Prayer in St John's|
|10am||Morning Prayer in St John's|
|8.30pm||TFG at Will & Fiona's|
Monday 29th May - Bank Holiday
Readings: Deuteronomy 2, Psalms 83-84, Isaiah 30, Jude
Tuesday 30th May
Readings: Deuteronomy 3, Psalm 85, Isaiah 31, Revelation 1
Teresa away until 1st June
Jon away until 2nd June
Nathan away until 4th June
Church Office closed until Monday 19th June
Wednesday 31st May
Readings: Deuteronomy 4, Psalms 86-87, Isaiah 32, Revelation 2
Graham's day off
|2-4pm||Bakes, Brews & Chat in the Church Centre|
|8pm||Prayer Fellowship meets via Zoom (Lewis)|
Thursday 1st June
Readings: Deuteronomy 5, Psalm 88, Isaiah 33, Revelation 3
Teresa attending a reception at the Houses of Parliament for the leaders of church based toddler groups (2-4pm)
Friday 2nd June
Readings: Deuteronomy 6 Psalm 89, Isaiah 34, Revelation 4
Teresa's day off
|2pm||Thanksgiving service in St John's (Mike and Jon)|
Saturday 3rd June
Readings: Deuteronomy 7, Psalm 90, Isaiah 35, Revelation 5
Sunday 4th June
Readings: Deuteronomy 8, Psalm 91, Isaiah 36, Revelation 6
|8am||Holy Communion in St John's|
|10am||All Age service in St John's|
|8pm||Crossover in the Church Centre|
For more details about the daily Bible reading plan, including online readings, please visit our website.
Prayer Diary - 4th June 2023
The Collect for today - Trinity Sunday:
Almighty and everlasting God, you have given us grace, by the confession of a true faith, to bear witness to the glory of the eternal Trinity and to worship you as the one God. We humbly pray that you will keep us firm in the confession of this faith and always defend us when we are in trouble, for you live and reign forever, the one true God. Amen.
Specific Requests for Prayer
For those who: are faced with redundancy or are seeking employment, are struggling financially, are awaiting medical treatment, are coping with a long-term health condition, are caring full-time for family members and many similar situations.
Please also pray for...
all those sitting exams/assessments: GCSE, A Level, University and others
our mission partners: Jemma Graves (OM) and Joseph Mayan (Barnabas Ministries in Uganda)
church staff team during June:
- Jon would be grateful for prayers for Thomas as he finishes his GCSE exams; for our preachers to faithfully study and preach Galatians; for our all-age services (two in June!); and for the CEEC regional meeting in Manchester on the 19th June – that it would develop our thinking on how to keep faithfully contending in the midst of our current denominational crisis. In addition, please also pray for wisdom as Jon and Mike consider a third (early evening) Sunday service from September – feel free to let them know your thoughts!
- Teresa would like to praise God for the wonderful opportunities that we have each week to share the gospel with our Tots & Tinies families. Please pray for us this half term as we learn about some of the well known stories from the Old Testament. Please pray that we would find ways to encourage families to join us in church and that God would raise up new volunteers to join our fantastic team of helpers.
Please pray for me as I write and deliver assemblies this half term in our local schools Matthew 7:7-12, Ask, Seek, Knock and as I continue to write material for our next big schools' mission, Imagining Eternity, which will be in October.
- Nathan would like us to please continue to pray for Gypsey, Iyla-Rose and me as we grow as a family. Pray for Iyla that she would be kept safe and would grow physically and mentally. Pray also for us in the move to New Zealand, we are shipping our stuff at the end of the month.
- Graham asks us to continue to pray that the Synod would continue to seek the Lord’s guidance on the fundamental issues affecting the future of the Church.
- Jackie asks us to pray for Jacqueline, who is producing the notice sheets until mid-June, while Jackie is away, and for all the other staff members who are looking after the Church Office during her absence. Please also pray that Jackie would be able to catch up on her return to the office later this month.